I live by that motto. A typical Sunday for me looks like this: I wake up late. I go to the gym (yes, I am that courageous). I have lunch. And in the afternoon: I. Do. Nothing.
When I was a kid, I used to hate Sundays because it meant that the next day I had to go to school. So basically, I enjoyed only half of my weekend which is kind of sad when you think of it. Now I have learned to
like love Sundays. I don’t know what or when it changed, maybe it’s when I started working. When you’re still studying, you can’t really spend your whole day doing nothing without feeling guilty (or was it only me?). Now, that problem has gone away… most of the time.
Anyway, when I say I do nothing, it’s not exactly accurate. I don’t spend a whole afternoon standing in a room looking throughout the window. That would be creepy. When I say I do nothing, I do nothing productive: it’s me-time only. I truly believe that it’s important to take care of yourself on a regular basis. I work a lot and if I skipped on my holy me-time too often, I’d go crazy after a few months. Nobody wants that.
So what do I do? Last year, I wrote a post about my cosy weekend routine. It hasn’t changed much (it’s called “routine” for a reason), I have my go-to activities (it’s kinda funny to call them activities…). So here’s my lazy Sunday itinerary:
- Sports (COMPLETELY OPTIONAL)
- Binge watch your favorite show or favorite movies. Binge watching shows? Still OTH, Gossip Girl, and PLL. New Girl is hilarious. Beverly Hills is good if you’re feeling nostalgic (Dylan <3). I’ve also recently discovered The Mindy Project and love it
- Read a book
- Pampering: facial, manicure, pedicure, you name it
- I finish off the day by planning the week ahead (is that cheating for a lazy Sunday?). It helps me be productive for the whole week. And it also helps me spend a peaceful evening, knowing that everything is under control. Yes, I’m a control freak…
A couple of very important points before I leave you to your lazy day:
- Uncomfortable clothing are strictly forbidden
- There should be cake, cookies, macaroons, hot chocolate, a latté or at least some tea involved. You have to indulge.
Have a good day!