First of all, happy holidays 🙂 I hope you’ll spend this time surrounded by friends and family ❤
So, work has been crazy for the past weeks (months?) and I have been really (like, reeeaaallllyyyyyyy) looking forward to having this week off. So much so that I have been planning what to do during this holy moment for some days now. As much as work is my priority, I believe it is extremely important to take some time for yourself from time to time. And that’s what I’m gonna do this week 🙂 Here are some ideas on how to reward yourself this week (or anytime for that matter, because you should!):
1. Take a long hot bath with a luscious bath oil
2. Prepare yourself a true hot chocolate (use dark chocolate not cocoa because that just won’t do it)
3. Read a book
4. Do something creative: I love to draw for instance, or when I was a kid I used to make jewels – mostly rings – with pearls. Did you do that too?
5. Bake something easy-ish, but mostly decadent so that you can indulge yourself afterwards. Think of cookies, or an easy chocolate cake
6. Put on some fluffy home socks, light some scented candles, and get comfortable on your sofa just listening to some soothing music (some jazz compilation for me). Now that I think about it, always wear your fluffy home socks and don’t ever leave them. They are like clouds. On your feet. Pure heaven.
7. Pamper yourself: facial, manicure, pedicure, … you name it.
8. Binge watch your favorite TV show: One Tree Hill, Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, Newport Beach, Beverly Hills (the original!), …
9. Go to the movies
10. Wander in your home town to rediscover your favorite places
Your body and soul will be pleased.
Happy holidays 🙂