How are you? Are you super-duper-sad about friday’s game? I know I am… And I want to get over it as fast as possible! Lucky me, there’s Wimbledon to make me feel better.
If you know a bit about this mythic tennis tournament, you probably know that it has a very specific dress code. In London, players have to wear an all white ensemble. The organization is pretty strict about it. A couple of years ago, some female players had to change bras because they were not all white. Too much? Maybe, but this dress code is also what makes Wimbledon so epic. And just for the anecdote, this year had also its lot of controversy with the Nike “nightie” dress.
Anyway, why am I talking about the epic Grand Slam? Because Wimbledon Centre Court is not the only place where you can rock an all-white ensemble. I truly believe that on a warm and sunny day, an all-white ensemble can be a very elegant and comfortable choice of outfit.
I know that right now, we don’t really have the opportunity of wearing white. Unless you’re going for a I-am-training-for-awhite-t-shirt-contest kinda vibe. But, if you’re going in Italy, Spain, Morocco, or anywhere else where they have an actual summer, this post might give you some outfit ideas 🙂
The great thing is, you can actually wear an all-white look for a lot of different occasions: at work, for a day out, for dinner, or at the beach. For every occasion really. Except for a wedding. I repeat, do not wear an all-white look for a wedding (unless you’re the bride :p ).
Let’s start with an all-white ensemble at work. White is a super elegant color. So don’t be afraid, it’s totally work appropriate.
- What do I wear? Go for an elegant, form-fitting dress! That is soooo chic. I wouldn’t recommend a flowy dress: too holiday-like; or too I-am-still-a-little-girl-at-heart-who-replays-her-Communion. A white suit is also ultra feminine! If you want a work appropriate outfit, but not too dressy, you can opt for a pair of white pants and a white sweater.
- Who do I copy? Some of my fashion icons: Rachel Bilson, Blake Lively, Sophia Bush, and Olivia Palermo!
- What do I wear? The options are endless! White – flowy 😉 – dress or skirt; white pants or even shorts, cute top, maxi skirt, maxi dress… You’re spending the day out, you can wear absolutely anything you want! Ranging from totally casual, to more elegant. It’s up to you, love!
- Who do I copy? Hilary Duff, Alexa Chung, Rachel Bilson, Olivia Palermo, Vanessa Hudgens, and Kate Bosworth.
After the day comes the (oh oh oh, the) summer night! If you go out, you can definitely try a sexy all-white look.
- What do I wear? Short skirt with cute top; sexy dress; pants with an asymmetrical top to keep things interesting, … I would say that the comment for the day look applies here, that is, you can wear anything you want. The only difference is, you can go for a more sexy look and/or more sophisticated.
- Who do I copy? Sophia Bush, Camilla Alves, Rihanna, Vanessa Hudgens, Karlie Kloss, and Olivia Palermo.
- What do I wear? Maxi dress; or white cut-off jeans. A short dress. An oversized shirt. A bikini. Bring a cute hat for the stylish part! You can actually wear anyone of the day outfits, just wear you swimsuit underneath 😉
- Who do I copy? Olivia Palermo, Vanessa Hudgens, and Lupita Nyong’o.
Time to find myself a nice city trip to wear one of these 😉 Let me know what you think girls!